Gainsharing Implementation Steps
We have developed a proven step-by-step approach to achieve the objectives of Gainsharing in your organization.
These steps are summarized as follows (a diagram of the implementation flow is also available):
1. Education/orientation for management staff.
- Evaluating the climate and organizational readiness.
- Laying the foundation for success.
2. Goal Development, performance measures, and bonus formula development.
- Identification and prioritizing of Gainsharing goals.
- Development of performance management measurement system.
- Calculation development and performance simulations.
3. General employee awareness training sessions
- Employee Involvement and Gainsharing.
4. Formal Plan Development Phase
- Education of Employee Design Team regarding gainsharing, roles, consensus decision making, meeting effectiveness, and personal styles.
- Design Team preparation of plan document.
- Education for supervisors on employee involvement and managing in a Gainsharing environment.
- Preparation and kick-off of plant-wide communication and education session on the Gainsharing plan.
5. Implementation Phase
- Initial involvement team(s) and supervisor training on: the Gainsharing plan, administration of the involvement system, record keeping, establishment of norms, conducting meetings, and providing feedback.
- Training for general employee population on performance measures, the bonus calculation, and employee roles in a Gainsharing environment.
- Gainsharing coordinator training focusing on his/her role and responsibilities.
6. Monitoring Phase
- Follow-up training and critique of involvement team(s), review board meetings, and communication activities.
- Administration and feedback of a Gainsharing evaluation survey 4 to 6 months after implementation. Development of an action plan.
- If appropriate, follow-up training for supervisors and involvement team(s) on relationships, teamwork, and problem solving.
Diagram of Implementation Steps
Gainsharing: Implementation model